The Secret — Takeaways
I recently finished reading the book, “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne and watched the corresponding movie, “The Secret”. Here are my takeaways and notes from both:
- “If you can dream it, you have the power to make it happen”
- “If you’re going to be thinking anyway, you may as well think big” — Donald Trump
- “All that we are is the result of what we have thought…what we think, we become” — Buddha
- “The energy of the mind is the essence of life. — Aristotle
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes” — Ghandi
- “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna
- “Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it. “ — Denzel Washington
- “I forced myself to feel loved, to feel wanted and in the end, I got it. Believe believe believe. It will pay off for the best.” — Unknown
- “You can stay miserable if you want, but misery doesn’t suit you. It’s not your style and you don’t wear it well.” — Unknown
- “If you can dream it, you can do it. — Walt Disney
- “I dream my painting, and then I paint my dream.” — Van Gogh
- “Take the first step in faith, you don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step” — Dr. Martin L. King
- “If you’re going to be alive and on this planet, you have to suck the marrow out of every day and get the most of it” — Barrymore
- “Everything you can imagine is real” — Pablo Picasso
- “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference” — Obama
To summarize, the secret is the law of attraction. The Law of Attraction states that like attracts like.
- The hardest part is knowing just exactly what your dream is
- In the end, it all comes down to your thinking. In the sense that a positive mindset is a necessity. For example, having a growth vs. fixed mindset.
- Your current life is a perfect reflection of your thoughts you’ve had in the past. It’s like payback from way back.
- You’re powerful because you can control your entire experience.
- What you think about, you bring about.
- A huge part is to concentrate on today, stay living in the moment.
- Don’t live your life on shuffle, choose the song
- Do your own attracting by thinking for yourself. Create your own thoughts of hope and optimism and let those thoughts take flight so you take control of your own future.
- Your life is in your hands. No matter where you are now, no matter what has happened in your life, you can begin to consciously choose your thoughts and you can change your life.
- The choice is yours, to be a follower and get what’s given. Or you can step up and take what’s yours.
- Find a way to change the way you feel. Break the cycle. Do something different. Close your eyes and just feel alive.
- When you’re feeling bad you have to suck it up and do the opposite, whatever it takes. Because if you want to shift your mood to feel better and have better thoughts, you just can’t wallow in self-pity.
- Simply: feel alive, feel fantastic, feel ecstatic.
- It’s in your hands, you can choose to feel good now.
- Feeling good is totally your birth right. Feeling good is the secret.
- Truth is, you are a creator, you’re creating your life through the law of attraction.
- Three step process: Ask, Believe, Receive
- Pretend your desires are already yours.
- You ask and believe through your thoughts. But you receive through your actions.
- As long as you truly, faithfully, believe it’s coming, the universe delivers on time, every time.
- Impossible, is a small word thrown around by big men who find it easier to live in the world that they have been given than to explore the possibility they have to change it. Never say “I can’t”.
- The first and most important step is to visualize, in other words, imagine exactly what you want, the common, ‘seeing is believing’.
- You have to be moved by the visualization; you have to see it and feel it powerfully, and you have an emotional attachment.